SPF Raw Bench Press Rep. Competition
Weight that can be chosen for Reps. for Teenage Women & Women: 50% of body weight
Teenage Men, Juniors and Men: Will use body weight.
Weight will be rounded off to the nearest bar weight. Example: 207 will go to 205, 208 or 209 will go to 210.
Div: Teenage Men and Teenage Women 13 – 16, 17 – 19
Juniors: Men and Women 20 – 23
Women: also Women Masters: 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69
Men: also Masters: 40-44, 45-49,50-54,55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70-74,75-80
All the Standard weight classes will apply for each of the above Div.
97, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 259, 275, 308, Super
All Records will be kept, same as all other Records and posted on the SPF Web Site.
Rules for Bench Press Rep. Competition:
1. There will be only one Judge: Judge will count the reps completed.
2. Judge will set in side Judge spot.
3. Every Rep. must touch chest and be fully extended at the top.
4. Buttock must remain on bench at all times.
5. Feet must remain on floor at all times and remain still.
6. Head doesn’t matter, can be up or down and can even move.
7. Only the fully completed reps. will count, and only the one judge
is counting the reps. that he sees completed.
8. You can not pause at the top or bottom to rest, no resting,
or the judge will say rack.
9. The one minute rule will apply for the lifter to get to bench and start lifting once bar is loaded.
10. Each lifter get one attempt to do as many reps. as possible no second and third trys.
11. Competition will start with lower weight and come through.
Equiptment that can be Used:
1. Singlet and Shoes must be worn by everyone competing.
2. Belt, and Wrist Wraps can be worn. Chalk can be used.
3. Meet Director has control over when the Rep. Competition will
Take place during the meet. ( usually will take place either right before or right after the Reg. Bench Press, before the Deadlift.